Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What learners demand?

When I read the article “engage me or engage me” I found it very interesting epically comparing between the students before the technology was inverted and nowadays. After I read about the three different kinds of learners demand, so I find my self in the first group which is self-motivated and sometimes I feel my self in the second group which is “go through the motion” maybe when I like the course and find it interesting and beneficial (like this course) I will be self-motivated but when I found the course so boring I only study before the exam. Overall I like my major (early childhood ed) so much so I found most of the courses are very interesting and beneficial for my life with my children. When I study any course I used to use some ways that help me to understand the subjects. For example, I write down things I want to learn that’s how I remember them best. I sit at the front of the classroom so I can see my teacher’s body language and facial expressions. I use diagrams, picture textbooks, handouts and visual displays to help my learning. I use bright highlighter pens or markers to draw attention to important areas in my notes or work.

1 comment:

Dr Emet said...

Good post. Self interest in a particular subject can play a critical role in motivation.

What specifically do you like and dislike in teaching styles and what type of activities would help you become an active participant?